TIA Invites Nominations for its Board of Directors (2013-2015)
December 3, 2012 | The Toy Industry Association (TIA) invites all members to submit candidates for seats on the Association’s Board of Directors.
The Board is responsible for the management and control of the activities, property, and affairs of TIA, including the strategic direction of the Association, the annual budget, and the scope of responsibilities of the Board and its committees.
TIA strives to ensure balance and diversity in Board membership. In the nomination process, the following criteria will be considered by the Nominating Committee for each nominee:
- commitment to attend regularly scheduled Board meetings each year and, as appropriate, other relevant TIA-sponsored events;
- commitment to act in a neutral manner and represent the best interests of the industry rather than carrying forward individual or corporate agendas;
- professional skills and experience (e.g., finance, law, marketing, etc.) that may be of value to the Board;
- holds a senior position within his/her company (i.e., owner/CEO position or close thereto); and
- experience in the toy industry.
Nominations will also be evaluated to ensure that the TIA Board represents:
- diversity in company size;
- gender balance.
Candidates from both Regular and Associate Member categories will be considered. All nominations must be accompanied by a biographical statement of the candidate.
Nominations received by 5:00 pm (Eastern) on Friday, December 14th will be referred to the Nominating Committee; nominations by that committee will be subsequently balloted for election by the TIA membership.
Newly elected Board members will begin a two-year term of office beginning at the 2013 TIA Annual Meeting that will be held in conjunction with the American International Toy Fair (Toy Fair) in February 2013; the term would expire at the annual meeting in 2015. TIA Board members may be re-elected for a second consecutive two-year term.
Nominations should be submitted to:
Executive Assistant to the President
Toy Industry Association, Inc.
1115 Broadway, Suite 400
New York, NY 10010
Tel: 646-520-4842| Fax: 212-807-1854
TIA members are also reminded of an ongoing invitation to make the most of their membership investment and build their network of contacts via active participation on TIA’s standing committees. Committee descriptions are posted online along with the identification of the designated TIA staff contact(s); to inquire about the committee's current and upcoming activities, please contact the staff liaison(s).