Last Call: Registration for CA Toy Day Closes this Week
May 5, 2013 | Toy manufacturers, importers and distributors that are based or have business interests in California are reminded that Friday, May 10 is the last day to register for the Toy Industry Association’s (TIA) Third Annual California Toy Day. Registration for the May 14-15 event can be completed online and is open to both TIA member and non-member companies. Participation – including the opening dinner, all sessions and meals on May 15 – is free.
“California Toy Day is a critical opportunity for toy companies of all sizes to meet with the state’s top legislators to communicate the impact that policy decisions have on real people and real companies,” said Andy Hackman, TIA vice president of government affairs.
Through a series of meetings and small group discussions, participants will highlight the vital economic role that the toy industry plays in both the state and the nation, as well as discuss key issues and concerns affecting the world of toys and games.
The event program will tackle important industry issues such as:
- CA Green Chemistry (presentation by Odette Madriaga, Chief Deputy Director for the CA Department of Toxic Substances Control);
- Environmental Policy – Proposition 65 and Rigid Plastic Packaging Container Law (discussions with regulatory, legislative and industry experts);
- Legislative Perspective on California’s Future (presented by state legislators);
- CA Privacy Priorities (with Joanne McNabb, Director of Privacy Education and Policy, Office of the California Attorney General); and
- Environmental Sustainability (with Angela Perez, Senior Health Scientist, ChemRisk)
[View the agenda]
A reception on Wednesday evening will provide an additional opportunity for toy companies, legislative staff and the legislators themselves to interact and learn more about the industry and its products.
TIA reminds members that travel stipends are still available to assist qualifying first-time attendees with travel-related expenses. A total of $1000 is available and may be used for airfare, ground transportation or mileage, and/or hotel accommodations. To apply for a stipend, contact TIA’s Jennifer Gibbons (646.512.1320).
Hotel rooms may be booked at Sacramento’s Citizen Hotel. Contact the hotel directly (916.447.2700) or make a reservation online. Additional information, including details about toy donations for the legislative reception, is available on the California Toy Day website.