Reminder: Nominations for TIA Board of Directors Due Oct. 11
September 26, 2013 | The Toy Industry Association (TIA) is reminding Regular and Associate members that the deadline to submit candidates for seats on the TIA Board of Directors is Friday, October 11th at 5 p.m.
Newly elected Board members will begin a two-year term of office (2014-2016) beginning at the TIA Annual Business Meeting held in conjunction with the 111th American International Toy Fair in February 2014. Board members may be re-elected for two additional consecutive two-year terms; only representatives of Regular member companies may be considered for seats on the Board.
The TIA Board is responsible for the management and control of the activities, property, and affairs of the Association, including its strategic direction, the annual budget, and the scope of responsibilities of the Board and its committees.
TIA strives to ensure balance and diversity in Board membership. In the nomination process, the following criteria will be considered by the Nominating Committee for each nominee:
- commitment to attend regularly scheduled Board meetings each year and, as appropriate, other relevant TIA-sponsored events;
- commitment to act in a neutral manner and represent the best interests of the industry rather than carrying forward individual or corporate agendas;
- professional skills and experience (e.g., finance, law, marketing, etc.) that may be of value to the Board;
- holds a senior position within his/her company (i.e., owner/CEO position or close thereto); and
- experience in the toy industry.
Nominations will also be evaluated to ensure that the TIA Board represents:
- diversity in company size;
- gender balance.
Nominations received by the deadline will be referred to the Nominating Committee; recommendations from that committee will be subsequently balloted for election by the TIA membership.
Nominations should be submitted to:
Executive Assistant to the President
Toy Industry Association, Inc.
1115 Broadway, Suite 400
New York, NY 10010
Tel: 646-520-4842| Fax: 212-807-1854
TIA members are also reminded of an ongoing invitation to make the most of their membership investment and build their network of contacts via active participation on TIA’s standing committees. To inquire about the committees’ current and upcoming activities, please contact the appropriate staff liaison(s) listed online (name, title and contact information found in the description for each committee).