Save the date: 2013 National Summer Credit Conference to be held July 15-16 in Chicago
April 15, 2013 | Early bird registration is now open for the 2013 National Summer Credit Conference (SCC13), the Toy Industry Association’s (TIA) exclusive educational and networking event for TIA-member manufacturer credit professionals. Attendees who sign up before June 3rd will receive a registration discount.
Taking place July 15-16 at the Hard Rock Hotel in Chicago, the annual credit conference provides a venue for TIA member credit professionals from toy manufacturing companies to examine industry-related issues, discuss trade experiences and network with colleagues and presenters.
“As a key component of the TIA Credit Interchange Program, SCC13 allows toymakers of all sizes to join in dialogue with colleagues, credit experts and retailers to discuss trends, inquire about problem accounts and find solutions to everyday challenges and needs,” said Paul Vitale, TIA vice president of finance and administration. “This event is designed to help companies evaluate customer creditworthiness and to provide members with the vital financial information they need to protect their bottom lines.”
During presentations and workshops held throughout the event, industry experts, legal counsel and major retail partners will offer critical analyses of and practical solutions to key issues facing finance and credit departments, covering topics such as:
- Review of Accounts, moderated by TIA Credit Committee Chair Anna Valles of Bandai, and Vice-Chair Dean Stewart of Spin Master;
- Credit Risk Analysis, with Dennis Cantalupo, COO of Creditnell.com;
- Revenue Recovery, with Boyd Evert, CEO of Harvest Revenue Group;
- Workshop for Credit Managers, moderated by Anna Valles and TIA Credit Committee Regional Chair Midwest Joy Christopher of Radio Flyer;
- Breakout Workshop for Senior Finance and Operations Managers: Beyond Credit, moderated by Darlene Duggan of Winning Moves and Dean Stewart;
- The Proactive Creditor: The Rights and Remedies of Unsecured Creditors, with Jason Torf, Esq. of Schiff Hardin; and
- A Capital Markets Approach to Risk Management, with John-Carl Barone, Executive Director of JP Morgan Credit Training.
[View the full draft agenda]
Registration for SCC13 is open to TIA member manufacturers only. Eligible members interested in registering should contact TIA Credit Interchange Program Manager Dina Gittings (646.520.4849).
SCC13 is sponsored by Creditntell.com and Schiff Hardin LLP.