Voting now open for the Toy Industry Hall of Fame Inductees in 2014
August 19, 2013 |
The Toy Industry Association (TIA) announced today the opening of its annual ballot to determine the next inductees into the Toy Industry Hall of Fame
. The voting period will extend from today, Monday, August 19th to Friday, September 13th. The opportunity to honor individuals who have made their mark on the North American toy industry is a special tradition for TIA and its members. This year’s candidates were chosen from a slate of 24 highly qualified nominees submitted for consideration by members of the Hall of Fame (HOF) Committee.
Living Candidates for Induction into the Toy Industry Hall of Fame
Candidates for Posthumous Induction into the Toy Industry Hall of Fame
- Jill Barad, Former CEO, Mattel
- Horst Brandstätter, President and Sole Owner, PLAYMOBIL/geobra Brandstätter GmbH & Co. KG
- Thomas Chan, Chairman & CEO, Playmates Toys Inc.
- Joel Glickman, Founder, K’NEX Brands
- Bruce Raiffe, President, Gund, division of Enesco, LLC
- Jack Friedman, Former Chairman, CEO and Co-Founder, JAKKS Pacific
- Harvey Greenfield, Chairman of the Board, Commonwealth Toy & Novelty Co., Inc.
- Arthur “Spud” Melin and Richard Knerr, Co-Founders of Wham-O Toy
>>> Responses are due by Friday, September 13, 2013<<<
Designated points of contact at TIA member companies, former Hall of Fame inductees, and recent TIA Board members are invited to rank their choices in the living and posthumous categories.
An announcement of the 2014 inductees will be made in conjunction with promotion of the annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) awards program. The inductees will be honored during the TOTY Awards ceremony on Saturday evening, February 15, 2014, at the Grand Hyatt hotel. The festivities officially launch Toy Fair Week in New York City.
More information on the Toy Industry Hall of Fame
is available on the TIA website. Questions regarding the ballot should be direct to TIA’s Jackie Retzer