Windy City to Heat up with ChiTAG Festival of Toys, Games and Inventors
October 21, 2013 | Fun seekers both young and old will descend upon the windy city later this fall to participate in a festival of play, inventors, toys and games during the 11th Annual Chicago Toy & Game (ChiTAG) Week, to be held from November 21-24, 2013 in Chicago, IL.
Throughout the week, the Chicago Toy & Game Group will host a range of events to promote the power and joy of invention in social, educational and professional environments, including the 11th annual Chicago Toy & Game Fair, the 6th annual Toy & Game Inventor of the Year (TAGIE) Awards, the Young Inventor Challenge, and various professional development workshops and networking opportunities for inventors.
The Toy Industry Association (TIA) has announced that it will once again be a sponsor for the week’s activities.
“We are proud to support the work of the Chicago Toy & Game Group as it hosts the largest gathering of industry professionals celebrating the U.S. inventor community,” said Carter Keithley, President of TIA. “We look forward to participating in ChiTAG’s exciting line-up of events that will honor, support and shine a light on the creative individuals who design innovative playthings that delight kids of all ages.”
The following is a breakdown of the week’s major activities:
For complete details about all of the week’s activities, visit the Chicago Toy & Game Week’s “Events” page.
- T&GCon (Nov. 21-22 at Navy Pier): A comprehensive conference for aspiring toy and game inventors, joining toy and game industry experts with the inventing community for two days of networking, educational sessions, and licensing opportunities.
- TAGIE Awards (Nov. 22 at the Grand Ballroom at Navy Pier): This awards gala honors the toy inventors behind the most beloved and popular playthings. Award categories include Excellence in Toy Design, Excellence in Game Design, Rising Star Designer, Young Inventor of the Year and Excellence in Electronic Toy or Game. Voting is open through Oct. 31st.
- International Summit for Professional Inventors (I-SPI) (Nov. 21-24 at Navy Pier): Organized by inventors and designers for inventors and designers, I-SPI brings inventor relations executives from dozens of companies to present their “top secret” wish lists to the professional inventor community.
- Young Inventor Challenge (YIC) (Nov. 23 at Navy Pier): More than 130 creative kids from across the country and overseas enter each year to compete for a chance to work with major toy companies.
- Chicago Toy & Game Fair (Nov. 23-24 at Navy Pier): Open to the public, ChiTAG annually kicks off the holiday season by bringing together consumers, families, inventors, manufacturers, retailers and more. Visitors play in tournaments, meet popular characters, discover what’s hot for the holidays, test toys, and more.