Registration is Open for 2014 National Summer Credit Conference
April 28, 2014 | Early bird registration is now open for the 2014 National Summer Credit Conference (SCC14), the Toy Industry Association’s (TIA) exclusive educational and networking event for senior-level finance and operations executives and their credit and collections teams of TIA member manufacturers. Attendees who sign up before July 1st will receive a $100 registration discount.
Taking place August 11-12 just outside Washington, DC at the Hotel Monaco Alexandria in the heart of Old Town Alexandria VA., the 2014 Summer Credit Conference will provide a forum for attendees to exchange vital about toy retailers while also broadening their professional networks. These face-to-face events are an important component of the TIA Credit Interchange Program.
“The Summer Credit Conference gives toy company attendees an opportunity to discuss their retail customers directly with their peers,” said Paul Vitale, TIA senior vice president of finance and operations. “The timing is perfect to learn important credit information before all transactions are completed for the critical fourth quarter.”
Some of the highlights of this year’s agenda include:
- Update on Amazon.com policies and vendor programs, presented by Amazon representative
- “Nexus,” with David Ruskin, Esq., Partner, Horwood Marcus & Berk Chartered
- “Credit Risk Analysis,” with Dennis Cantalupo, COO of Creditnell.com
- Review of key accounts, followed by discussion on individual accounts
- “Beyond Credit” workshop for senior finance and operations executives
- “Credit Managers’ Challenges” workshop
- “Criminal Cyber Threat: Best Security Practices,” with ATSAIC Chris Gagne, U.S. Secret Service
- “Credit Trade Insurance,” with Ben Thrush, Vice President, New Business Development, HUB International Northeast
In addition to the formal program, there are ample opportunities to speak one-on-one with the invited retail executives and to network with other toy industry financial professionals.
“We want every participant to leave SCC14 with a greater understanding of critical industry issues and a clear understanding of how to address them,” said Vitale.
Registration for SCC14 is open to TIA member manufacturers only. Eligible members interested in registering should contact TIA Credit Interchange Program Manager Dina Gittings (646.520.4849).
SCC14 is sponsored by J.P. Morgan.