Play Fair Road Tour Kicks Off to Thousands of Fans at Rose City Comic Con
September 11, 2018 | The Play Fair road tour kicked off this past weekend with Play Fair PDX, held alongside Rose City Comic Con in Portland, OR. The show will continue its tour of the U.S. in 2019 with three additional dates and locations.
“The Rose City Comic Con was a natural extension for the Play Fair audience. Playful moms and dads were eager to share their love of interactive experiences with their children,” said Marian Bossard, executive vice president of global market events at The Toy Association. “We are excited to continue the Play Fair tour in 2019 and look forward to even more brand activations and fun for fans and families alike!”
Hosted by The Toy Association and Leftfield Media, Play Fair gives exhibitors a unique opportunity to participate in a direct-to-consumer family-friendly convention marketplace. More than 30 companies and sponsors, including DreamWorks, Playmobil, Entertainment One, Hogwild, and Relevant Play, offered a mix of active engagements to bring the power of play to guests.
Show highlights included:
- An entire stage dedicated to kids programming that ran throughout the weekend and included DreamWorks screenings of Trolls: The Beat Goes On! and Spirit Riding Free; a live toy unboxing with Playmobil; interactive science experiments with dry ice, bubbles, and slime; and readings from Tales of Beedle the Bard with the Harry Potter Alliance.
- Meet-and-greets with fan-favorite costumed characters including: Branch and Poppy from Trolls: The Beat Goes On!, PJ Masks, Peppa Pig and George, Wonder Woman, Batman, Spider-Man, and The Incredibles.
- Interactive stations including an Urban Warrior kids’ obstacle course, craft stations where kids could use their creativity in open play, and a GameTruck with free console play for parents and kids to enjoy together.
- For the littlest comic fans – lightsaber demonstrations and trainings, slime-making with Ghostbusters, interactive R2-D2s roaming Play Fair, and a Quidditch skills test.
The Play Fair tour will continue in 2019 at the following locations:
- Play Fair DC, co-located with Awesome Con in Washington DC, April 26 to 28, 2019
- Play Fair NOLA, co-located with Big Easy Con in New Orleans, LA, May 31 to June 1, 2019
- Play Fair PDX, co-located with Rose City Comic Con in Portland, OR, September 13 to 15, 2019
For more information, visit PlayFairShows.com.