2012 Toy Safety Compliance Update
This three-hour presentation provides TIA members and Toy Fair attendees news and developments related to toy safety laws and other recent legislative and regulatory activities, trends and emerging issues that are pertinent to toy industry stakeholders.
Safety professionals, compliance officers, government affairs representatives, manufacturers and retailers, toy designers, as well as testing labs.
TIA's Annual Toy Safety Compliance Update was held on Tuesday, February 14, 2012. The event began with a public keynote address from U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Chairman, Inez Tenenbaum.
The fee-based portion of the program continued with a panel of speakers that addressed a broad range of issues through the remainder of the meeting.
- CPSC Regulatory and Compliance Update
Neal Cohen, small business ombudsman, U.S. CPSC
- Update on changes to ASTM F963, the U.S. Toy Safety Standard
Joan Lawrence, vice president, standards and regulatory affairs
Al Kaufman, senior vice president, technical affairs
- Regulatory and Legislative Overview and Outlook for 2012
Peter Sandel, director, federal government affairs
Andy Hackman, senior director, state government affairs
- Canadian Extended Producer Responsibility Legislation
Lyndall Fry, Chair, Environmental Committee, Canadian Toy Association and Vice President, Global Quality and Product Assurance, Spin Master Ltd.
- A video recording of a keynote address from U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Chairman, Inez Tenenbaum is available here.
- A video recording and downloadable copies of the presentation is available here to TIA Members and paid seminar attendees only.