Preparing for a Product Recall or Crisis
This one-hour webinar provides TIA members and other stakeholders in the toy, juvenile product and youth entertainment industries with advice on how best to prepare for a product recall or other crisis that could negatively affect a company’s reputation with consumers, retailers, regulators and other key constituents.
Safety professionals, compliance officers, government affairs representatives, customer service and public relations staff of toy, juvenile product and youth entertainment companies.
The session helps companies understand the importance, structure and resources needed to develop a comprehensive corporate strategy that will enable them to be prepared for all issues: safety-related actions such as a formal Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)-administered product recall; consumer complaints registered with the new CPSIA-required complaint database, SaferProducts.gov; business issues such as factory or shipping issues, sales, and other in-store actions; lawsuits and other crises. The program includes:
- This could happen to you: A case study in the power of social networks
- Recall basics: Working with consumers, regulators, retailers
- Preparing for the worst: Scenario contingency planning
- Getting ready: A step by step guide to preparing a response plan
- Winning the battle: Protecting long term reputation and getting back to business
The full webinar can be accessed online via the following links:
NOTE 1: Mac users will need to download the VLC Media Player to view the recording.
NOTE 2: Two videos broadcast during the presentation are not displaying in the recording of the webinar; a third was unable to be broadcast during the session. The relevant links are shown below.
- Slide 6: Meet Mr. Squiggles (YouTube)
- Slide 13: Reputation Intact (YouTube)
- Slide 26: Firestone and Ford Controversy (YouTube)
Introduction by Ed Desmond, TIA Executive Vice President, External Affairs.
- Andrew Frank, Partner, Strategy XXI
- Phil Armstrong, Managing Principal, PCA Company
- Howard Auginbaugh, Senior Strategist, Stericycle
- David Schmeltzer, Expert Consultant, Stericycle