Toy Industry Hall of Fame
Voting for the slate of candidates for induction into the Toy Industry Hall of Fame in February 2017 is now underway. The ballot period will close on Friday, October 28th.
This year’s candidates include:
- Thomas Chan
Chairman & CEO, Playmates Toys Inc. [view bio]
- Peter Eio
Former President, LEGO Systems, Inc. [view bio]
- Stan Lee
Former Chairman, Marvel Comics [view bio]
Candidates for Posthumous Induction include:
- Sydney Rosen
Former Owner of Rose-Art, Cra-Z-Art [view bio]
Criteria for Candidates
Consideration for the Toy Industry Hall of Fame shall be limited to individuals (living or deceased) who have made outstanding contributions and/or provided outstanding service to the toy industry and to the Toy Industry Association. The candidate(s) should have accomplishments such as:
- Long experience in the industry.
- Innovative product or marketing introductions.
- Manufacturing process changes, which significantly improved the process or product.
- Service on the TIA Board of Directors, or in other important capacities in or related to toys and youth entertainment.
- An unimpeachable record of integrity and respect in the industry.
- A prominent role in:
- Promoting the public’s awareness and appreciation of the importance of toys in the lives of children, or
- Promoting the public's awareness of the toy industry as a significant and responsible member of the business community.
- No current voting member of the TIA Board of Directors, including those in positions of Chairman and Chairman Elect, may be nominated for induction into the Hall of Fame during their board tenure.
In any given year, there may be from two to six inductees (living or deceased) into the Hall of Fame.
The Toy Industry Hall of Fame Committee reviewed all nominations received and proposed a slate of candidates for consideration via the ballot described below.
The opportunity to honor individuals who have made their mark on the North American toy industry is a special tradition for TIA and its members. Designated points of contact at TIA member companies, former Hall of Fame inductees, and recent TIA Board members are invited to rank their choices in the living and posthumous categories. In this defined pool of respondents, no single organization shall have more than one vote.
TIA staff will tally the voting results and provide a summary to members of the Hall of Fame Committee and to the TIA Board of Directors for verification.
To request a link to the ballot, please contact TIA’s Jackie Retzer (646.454.5587).
An announcement of the 2017 inductees will be made in conjunction with promotion of the annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) awards program.
The inductees will be honored during a ceremony held in conjunction with the annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards ceremony on Friday, February 17, 2017 at The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum in New York City.