2015 Hall of Fame Inductees
The Toy Industry Association (TIA) is proud to announce that the 2015 inductees into the Toy Industry Hall of Fame are:
- Pat Feely
Former Chairman, Toy Industry Foundation, and Retired CEO of Radica Games Ltd. [view bio]
- Leslie Berger
Founder, Cardinal Industries, Inc. [view bio]
The newest inductees were nominated from within the toy industry and selected by a vote of TIA members and previous Hall of Fame honorees.
Established in 1985, the Hall of Fame comprises an impressive roster of 70 individuals who have been recognized for their significant contributions to the growth and success of the toy industry.
The 2015 induction ceremony honoring the newest Hall of Fame inductees took place at the 15th Annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards event on Friday evening, February 13, 2015 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in New York City. The ceremony kicked off the 112th North American International Toy Fair.
Additional information about the Hall of Fame and its nomination and selection process follows below.
View a complete list of inductees.
Criteria for Candidates:
Consideration for the Toy Industry Hall of Fame shall be limited to individuals (living or deceased) who have made outstanding contributions and/or provided outstanding service to the toy industry and to the Toy Industry Association. The candidate(s) should have accomplishments such as:
- Long experience in the industry.
- Innovative product or marketing introductions.
- Manufacturing process changes, which significantly improved the process or product.
- Service on the TIA Board of Directors, or in other important capacities in or related to toys and youth entertainment.
- An unimpeachable record of integrity and respect in the industry.
- A prominent role in:
- Promoting the public’s awareness and appreciation of the importance of toys in the lives of children, or
- Promoting the public's awareness of the toy industry as a significant and responsible member of the business community.
- No current voting member of the TIA Board of Directors, including those in positions of Chairman and Chairman Elect, may be nominated for induction into the Hall of Fame during their board tenure.
In any given year, there may be from two to six inductees (living or deceased) into the Hall of Fame.
The Toy Industry Hall of Fame Committee reviewed all nominations received and proposed a slate of candidates for consideration via the ballot described below.
Candidates receiving some level of support or endorsement during the deliberations of the Toy Industry Hall of Fame Committee but who are not ultimately selected for induction in the coming year shall be automatically carried over for consideration by the committee in the next annual cycle; candidates may be carried over for four additional years after the first consideration. After five years of consideration, the candidate shall be dropped from the automatic carry-over list. For further consideration of that individual, new nomination materials are required.
The opportunity to honor individuals who have made their mark on the North American toy industry is a special tradition for TIA and its members. Designated points of contact at TIA member companies, former Hall of Fame inductees, and recent TIA Board members are invited to rank their choices in the living and posthumous categories. In this defined pool of respondents, no single organization shall have more than one vote.
TIA staff will tally the voting results and provide a summary to members of the Hall of Fame Committee and to the TIA Board of Directors for verification.
The inductees were honored during a ceremony held in conjunction with the annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards ceremony on Friday, February 13, 2015 at The Grand Hyatt in New York City.
TIA Communications Coordinator (646.454.5587)