Toy Industry Hall of Fame
The Toy Industry Association (TIA) is proud to announce that the 2016 inductee into the Toy Industry Hall of Fame will be:
- Robert A. Iger
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company [view bio]
Established in 1985, the Hall of Fame comprises an impressive roster of 70 individuals who have been recognized for their significant contributions to the growth and success of the toy industry.
The 2016 induction ceremony honoring the newest Hall of Fame inductee will take place during the 16th Annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards event on Friday evening, February 12, 2016 at the American Museum of Natural History.
View a complete list of former inductees.
Criteria for Candidates:
Consideration for the Toy Industry Hall of Fame shall be limited to individuals (living or deceased) who have made outstanding contributions and/or provided outstanding service to the toy industry and to the Toy Industry Association. The candidate(s) should have accomplishments such as:
- Long experience in the industry.
- Innovative product or marketing introductions.
- Manufacturing process changes, which significantly improved the process or product.
- Service on the TIA Board of Directors, or in other important capacities in or related to toys and youth entertainment.
- An unimpeachable record of integrity and respect in the industry.
- A prominent role in:
- Promoting the public’s awareness and appreciation of the importance of toys in the lives of children, or
- Promoting the public's awareness of the toy industry as a significant and responsible member of the business community.
- No current voting member of the TIA Board of Directors, including those in positions of Chairman and Chairman Elect, may be nominated for induction into the Hall of Fame during their board tenure.
In any given year, there may be from two to six inductees (living or deceased) into the Hall of Fame.
The Toy Industry Hall of Fame Committee reviewed all nominations received and proposed a slate of candidates for consideration via the ballot described below.
Candidates receiving some level of support or endorsement during the deliberations of the Toy Industry Hall of Fame Committee but who are not ultimately selected for induction in the coming year shall be automatically carried over for consideration by the committee in the next annual cycle; candidates may be carried over for four additional years after the first consideration. After five years of consideration, the candidate shall be dropped from the automatic carry-over list. For further consideration of that individual, new nomination materials are required.
The opportunity to honor individuals who have made their mark on the North American toy industry is a special tradition for TIA and its members. Designated points of contact at TIA member companies, former Hall of Fame inductees, and recent TIA Board members are invited to rank their choices in the living and posthumous categories. In this defined pool of respondents, no single organization shall have more than one vote.
TIA staff will tally the voting results and provide a summary to members of the Hall of Fame Committee and to the TIA Board of Directors for verification.
The 2016 inductee will be honored during a ceremony held in conjunction with the annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards ceremony on Friday, February 12, 2016 at the iconic American Museum of Natural History in New York City. Purchase your tickets today!
Assistant Marketing Manager