Toy Industry Hall of Fame
In 1984, the Toy Industry Hall of Fame was established to recognize the people behind the power of play. Every year for the past three decades, members of the industry have proudly nominated hundreds of men and women – from toy inventors to toy retailers – who have made their mark on the industry and created a love of play in the hearts of children of all ages. Sixty-eight (68) of those individuals have been inducted into this esteemed Hall.
The Call for Nominations for inductees into the Toy Industry Hall of Fame in February 2015 is now closed.
Nominations received are now under review by members of the Toy Industry Hall of Fame Committee. A ballot to select the candidates for induction in February 2015 will be issued in the late summer.
All stakeholders within the North American toy industry are eligible to submit candidates for consideration; membership in TIA is not a prerequisite for submitting a nomination.
Consideration for the Toy Industry Hall of Fame shall be limited to individuals (living or deceased) who have made outstanding contributions and/or provided outstanding service to the toy industry and to the Toy Industry Association. The candidate(s) should have accomplishments such as:
- Long experience in the industry.
- Innovative product or marketing introductions.
- Manufacturing process changes, which significantly improved the process or product.
- Service on the TIA Board of Directors, or in other important capacities in or related to toys and youth entertainment.
- An unimpeachable record of integrity and respect in the industry.
- A prominent role in:
- Promoting the public’s awareness and appreciation of the importance of toys in the lives of children, or
- Promoting the public's awareness of the toy industry as a significant and responsible member of the business community.
- No current voting member of the TIA Board of Directors, including those in positions of Chairman and Chairman Elect, may be nominated for induction into the Hall of Fame during their board tenure.
Consideration will also be given to the number of nominations received from the TIA membership.
The Toy Industry Hall of Fame Committee will meet in July to review the nominations received and to propose a slate of candidates for consideration via a ballot of:
(1) current members of TIA;
(2) current members of the TIA Board + TIA Board members who have served in the previous five (5) years; and
(3) former Hall of Fame inductees.
In this defined pool of respondents, no single organization shall have more than one vote.
TIA staff will tally the voting results and provide a summary to members of the Hall of Fame Committee for verification.* Results of the letter ballot shall then be provided to the TIA Board of Directors for consideration at its fall meeting. The Board will confirm the number of individuals (two to six persons, living or deceased) that it would like to induct into the Hall of Fame the following February.
An announcement of the 2015 inductees will be made in the fall (October or November).
*NOTE: Candidates who receive some level of support during the review process, but who are not selected for induction that year, will be automatically carried forward for reconsideration for up to five years. Nominators will be invited to update the bios or other nomination materials each year.
The inductees will be honored at an induction ceremony held in conjunction with the 15th annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards
ceremony that will be held on Friday, February 13, 2015 in New York City.
Questions and Requests for Additional Information
TIA Communications Assistant, Strategic Communications (646.454.5587)