TIA's International Conference of Play Professionals
Date & Location
May 7-9, 2014,
Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, Scottsdale, Arizona
PlayCon, TIA’s International Conference of Play Professionals, is the toy industry’s premier annual gathering for play professionals who are looking to network with peers and industry icons and receive cutting edge research, ideas and inspiration. This three-day conference features general assembly presentations by industry influencers and thought-leaders, interactive workshops, networking lunches, evening events, social activities and more!
Registration & Fees
- TIA / LIMA Members: $995 per person
- Non-members: $1395 per person
Registration includes admission to all educational sessions, opening night dinner on Wednesday, breakfast, lunch and networking reception on Thursday and breakfast on Friday.
Attendees can make their reservations online or call Starwood Central Reservations at 1-800-354-5892 any time and specify “PlayCon 2014” to receive the group rate of $219, which is valid from Saturday, May 3 – Sunday, May 11 based on room availability. PlayCon attendees may reserve, modify or cancel a reservation until the April 14th cut-off date.
Hotel Cancellation Policy
A deposit equal to the first and last night stay is required to hold each guest reservation and shall be applied to the guest folio of the reserved stay. These deposits paid by individuals are refundable if the hotel is notified at least fourteen (14) days prior to arrival and a cancellation number is obtained. Within 14 days the deposit is forfeited. If there are any problems with booking a reservation, Breanne Nye (firstname.lastname@example.org), PlayCon’s housing coordinator is available to assist.
Kimberly Carcone (646.520.4869)
TIA senior director of trade show and event marketing
Looking Back: PlayCon 2013
With over 150 toy industry professionals gathered together at PlayCon 2013 in Scottsdale, Arizona, this year’s conference was considered by those who attended as “the best one yet!” The casual and relaxed atmosphere allowed for unprecedented networking and an environment where learning and engaging was easy and enjoyable. Executives from toy companies and related businesses of all sizes and scopes heard directly from and interacted with thought-leaders and game changers from myriad perspectives including Walmart, Toys “R” Us, Disney Consumer Products, LeapFrog, Hasbro and UGLYDOLL to name a few. Attendees were also privy to insights shared by The NPD Group and Needham & Company and were among the first to hear the results of two proprietary research studies commissioned by Toy Industry Association: The Toy Industry Financial & Operating Benchmark Study presented by Industry Insights, Inc., and Toy and Game Decision Making in the U.S. discussed by The Family Room.
Just hear what some attendees had to say about PlayCon 2013:
- No matter what size your company is, or who you are in that company, PlayCon levels the field. A small business owner can sit down with a VP of a major corporation, have a beer and swap stories. There is so much to learn and "status" doesn't seem to matter.
- You can't afford to miss PlayCon! The content and networking provides an extraordinary return on time invested, unlike anything else in the industry calendar. It is becoming more and more the "MUST ATTEND" event of the year!
- PlayCon is a great way to learn from the best & make great industry contacts.
- PlayCon provides interesting and actionable insights into toy market developments and successes. The informal networking enables attendees to get information which would be tricky in a less informal context. It is fun and helps one to return to the office with renewed vigor and commitment to address problems and grasp opportunities.
- Well worth the time and money — incredibly thought-provoking and a high-caliber of industry attendees.
- PlayCon is an intimate networking-focused event that gets all the key toy and game industry players together — It's an opportunity that's not to be missed!
- Whether you're the big fish or the small fish, it's the must attend Toy event of the year!