Toy Fair PR Bootcamp: Tips for Developing Your Toy Fair 2013 Media and Promotions Strategies
Each February, more than 1000 global media representatives – from print to broadcast to an ever-increasing number of social media professionals – flock to Toy Fair in New York City to report on the hottest trends and innovations in toys and games.
Major media outlets covering Toy Fair in 2012 included The New York Times, Associated Press, Bloomberg News, CNBC, CNN, Fox News, NBC News, Parents and Popular Science along with hundreds of consumer publications, toy trade publications and bloggers.
The webinar provided American International Toy Fair exhibitors with important tools and techniques for building sound media relations strategies leading up to the 2013 show.
Toy Fair exhibitor staff involved with public relations, marketing, advertising, and social media promotions.
This pre-recorded presentation will provide an overview of:
- How to get noticed by buyers and media and get them excited about your key brands and products in the weeks leading up to Toy Fair; including the development of a comprehensive media list;
- Learn about the tools and resources offered by the Toy Fair PR and Advertising and Promotions team;
- Smart and successful ways to package and present product and trend information for the media;
- Leveraging social media, including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and other outlets before, during and after the show;
- Capitalize on other promotional opportunities available through TIA and at the show;
- How to keep the momentum going after the show.
Questions from members and industry stakeholders may be submitted in advance to TIA’s Jackie Retzer; to the extent possible, answers to these questions will be folded into the presentation.
- Adrienne Appell, TIA senior manager of public relations
- Kimberly Carcone, TIA senior director of trade show and event marketing
- Gina Espinosa, Virtual Press Office
To request the 2012 Toy Fair Media List, contact TIA's Adrienne Appell.
*NOTE: Mac users will need to download the VLC Media Player to view the recording.