Millions of Smiles for Millions of Kids
The toy industry is dedicated to putting smiles on the faces of children. Toymakers, retailers and others are constantly going "above and beyond” their business interests to assure that kids in all circumstances have an opportunity to enjoy the thrill of a new toy and experience the joy of play … this is a year-round effort that wraps around the globe.
The caring organizations that comprise the toy industry are champions in giving, globally and in their own communities:
- Supporting families affected by national disasters such as fires, floods, earthquakes and hurricanes
- Providing funding for children’s hospitals
- Donating hundreds of thousands of toys to kids who need them most
- Giving a portion of sales proceeds to deserving charities including the Children’s Brain Tumor Foundation, The Susan G. Komen Foundation, and the American Cancer Society
- Teaching kids about charitable works through play and education programs
Toy Industry Foundation
The Toy Industry Foundation (TIF) is a focal point for the philanthropic efforts of the toy industry.
First established in 1961 and then re-established in 2003, the Foundation aggregates toys and funds from companies and individuals across the toy industry for the benefit of children in need. Throughout the year, TIF works with toy companies and partner organizations to get toys into the hands of kids who really need them.
A network of nearly 1,000 carefully vetted charities across the country that support military youth, foster children, impoverished communities, disaster-stricken neighborhoods, children battling illness and many other populations in need.
Learn more about the Foundation, its partners and programs at ToyIndustryFoundation.org.