Working to Build a Brighter Future for the Toy Industry
TOYPAC is regulated by the Federal Election Commission (FEC) and state ethics committees around the country. The process of giving to the TOYPAC as well as the disbursements to candidates is fully transparent. TOYPAC does not align with one specific political party and contributions are determined by what is in the best interest of the industry. While TOYPAC, under FEC regulations, is prohibited by law from accepting corporate contributions, acceptance of voluntary personal contributions from individuals is permitted and allows us to work toward improving the environment in which TIA member businesses operate.
A list of frequently asked questions about TOYPAC can be accessed here.
Fundraising Goals - Every Dollar Counts!
TOYPAC continues to set challenging yet attainable goals for itself. In the 2010 election cycle, TOYPAC raised nearly $25,000 to help support business-friendly candidates to elected office.
For the 2011-2012 election cycle, TOYPAC has set a goal to double its first year fundraising goal to $50,000. 100% of TOYPAC contributions go to support toy industry-friendly candidates for federal and state office.
Member support of TOYPAC allows the toy industry build powerful relationships in Washington D.C. and in state capitols across the nation. Yet TOYPAC does more than just help elect pro-industry candidates. A strong PAC demonstrates that an Association has a strong grassroots network, effective leadership, and a committed membership.
TOYPAC's most recent actions and accomplishments include:
- Since its formation, TOYPAC has made contributions to ten Members of Congressional Leadership, Committee Chairmen and/or Ranking Members.
- In the 2010 election cycle, 100% of TOYPAC-supported candidates were re-elected.
- With TOYPAC contributions, TIA has developed new relationships with first term Members of Congress.
Contributions to TOYPAC are completely voluntary and must be made with personal funds. TOYPAC can accept contributions of no more than $5,000 per calendar year from TIA members who provide prior approval. Member contribution are disbursed as directed by the TOYPAC Board of Directors. TOYPAC may give $5,000 per federal candidate per election. Contributions to TOYPAC are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
TOYPAC Board of Directors
- Sam Harwell, CEO, Big Time Toys, LLC
- Joel Berger, President, Cardinal Industries, Inc.
- Jay Foreman, President & CEO, The Bridge Direct/ Acorn Management Group
- Chuck Scothon, GM & SVP, Mattel Digital Network
- David Hargeaves, Chief Operating Officer, Hasbro, Inc.
Executive Vice President of External Affairs
Toy Industry Association
1200 G Street NW, Suite 250
Washington DC 20004
Phone: (202) 459-0359