TIA’s Environmental Mission Statement
Members of Toy Industry Association, Inc. are committed to protecting the environment. They will consider the environmental impact of their products and activities while continuing to provide safe, quality merchandise that meets customer and consumer needs. This includes taking a stewardship approach by addressing the environmental aspects of the products in order to reduce waste and promote recycling.
In order to achieve the mission of conservation and efficient use of natural resources, TIA™ will encourage its members to:
- Review manufacturing processes and consider new technologies and innovative procedures to reduce the use of and protect energy, water and other resources, while at the same time maintaining the appropriate standards of product safety and quality.
- Work with local, national and international legislators and regulators as well as the industry, to comply with and help create reasonable and effective laws and regulations aimed at protecting the environment.
- Design packages and packaging systems to minimize the impact on the environment and waste streams. This may include considerations of minimizing package materials and using less or alternative materials.
- Consider the utilization of recycled materials in product design as well as the recycleability of components at the end of useful life.
- Educate employees, customers and consumers through programs and activities that promote environmental responsibility.
- Consider and meet the opportunities presented by evolving retailer and consumer attitudes toward the environment.