2014 Call for Nominations
The opportunity to honor individuals who have made their mark on the North American toy industry is a special tradition for members of the Toy Industry Association (TIA) and toy industry stakeholders.
The Call for Nominations for inductees into the Toy Industry Hall of Fame in February 2014 is now open.
All stakeholders within the North American toy industry are eligible to submit candidates for consideration; membership in TIA is not a prerequisite for submitting a nomination.
Consideration for the Toy Industry Hall of Fame shall be limited to individuals (living or deceased) who have made outstanding contributions and/or provided outstanding service to the toy industry and to the Toy Industry Association. The candidate(s) should have accomplishments such as:
- Long experience in the industry.
- Innovative product or marketing introductions.
- Manufacturing process changes, which significantly improved the process or product.
- Service on the TIA Board of Directors, or in other important capacities in or related to toys and youth entertainment.
- An unimpeachable record of integrity and respect in the industry.
- A prominent role in:
- Promoting the public’s awareness and appreciation of the importance of toys in the lives of children, or
- Promoting the public's awareness of the toy industry as a significant and responsible member of the business community.
- No current voting member of the TIA Board of Directors, including those in positions of Chairman and Chairman Elect, may be nominated for induction into the Hall of Fame during their board tenure.
Consideration will also be given to the number of nominations received from the TIA membership.
The Toy Industry Hall of Fame Committee will meet in July to review the nominations received and to propose a slate of candidates for consideration via a ballot of (1) current members of the Toy Industry Association (TIA), (2) current members of the TIA Board + TIA Board members who have served in the previous five (5) years, and (3) former Hall of Fame inductees. In this defined pool of respondents, no single organization shall have more than one vote. TIA staff will tally the voting results and provide a summary to members of the Hall of Fame Committee for verification. An announcement of the 2014 inductees will be made in conjunction with promotion of the annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) awards program.
In any given year, there may be from two to six inductees (living or deceased) into the Hall of Fame.
Download here (.doc file)
NOTE: Each nomination MUST be submitted with a high-resolution image of the nominated candidate.
The inductees will be honored at an induction ceremony held in conjunction with the 14th annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards ceremony that will be held on Saturday, February 15, 2014 in New York City.
QUESTIONS AND REQUESTS FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Stacy M. Leistner
TIA Vice President, Strategic Communications (646.520.4858)