Nominations are Open for the 2023 Toy of the Year® Awards
May 30, 2023 | Nominations are officially open for The Toy Foundation™’s (TTF) coveted 24th Toy of the Year® (TOTY®) Awards. Toy companies, inventors, and other industry representatives are invited to submit their top products and properties, exceptional team members, and outstanding campaigns across 23 categories. Every submission directly funds TTF’s philanthropic work supporting children in need through the benefits of play.
Here’s what you need to know about the nomination process:
- Nominations may be submitted online now through July 7.
- All proceeds, inclusive of award submissions and ticket sales, help TTF deliver play to 31 million children and counting through its three program areas, The Toy Bank℠, Play Grants, and the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Pipeline Program.
- This year’s awards introduce six new categories that recognize the outstanding achievements of individuals and exceptional business campaigns. Descriptions for all 23 categories can be found here.
- Finalists for each category will be announced August 21. At that time, voting will open for retailers, media, Toy Association members, and consumers through September 8.
- One winner in each category will be announced at the TOTY Awards ceremony on September 29 at Cipriani’s 42nd Street in New York City. Winners of the “People’s Choice” toy award (based solely on consumer votes) and the prestigious overall “Toy of the Year” winner (chosen by a panel of experts) will be announced on November 20.
“The TOTY Awards are the night to celebrate the very best! This year, we are excited to spotlight both companies and individuals propelling our industry forward with six new categories, as well as 17 product categories, that provide valuable opportunities to drive consumer engagement ahead of the holiday shopping season,” said Anne Carrihill, chair of the TOTY Awards Committee and Amazon’s director for toys and games. “What makes the night even more special, the TOTY Awards support The Toy Foundation’s work to make sure all children have access to play – an initiative Amazon is passionate about.”
Award finalists and winners can also take advantage of valuable promotional resources and opportunities from participating in the awards program, including media coverage, influencer promotions, and exclusive social and video content that support business growth and place companies and products in front of hundreds of thousands of industry professionals and consumers.
The TOTY Awards serve as the official kickoff to Toy Fair®, celebrating the best in play, Toy Industry Hall of Fame inductees, and the industry’s collective impact on children in need through TTF.
TOTY nominations are open online through July 7. Toy Association membership is not a prerequisite for submitting a nomination. To learn more about the TOTY Awards nomination and selection process, visit ToyFoundation.org.
Follow #TOTY on social media for event news and use the hashtag to share with the industry how you’re participating.