The Toy Association Moderates Trends Panel at Clamour Con
May 15, 2018 | Toy Association staff recently participated in the second annual Clamour Con, a three-day event that brought together more than 450 online influencers and families.
During the event, which took place May 8 to 11 in Palm Springs, CA, attendees networked and made connections with other influencers; took part in discussions of key issues facing digital video; and built relationships with executives at leading brands, service providers, and social media platforms. Toy companies, including Jakks Pacific, PlayMonster, Yulu, Hasbro, and Moose Toys, also showcased unique activations to promote their brands.
Adrienne Appell, trend specialist at The Toy Association, moderated a two-part panel, “Toy Trend Spotting & Brand and Influencer Partnerships,” during which toymakers of some of the hottest brands discussed how they work with influencers to accomplish their marketing and PR objectives.
- Maria Aguilar, senior manager, global influencer marketing, Spin Master;
- Stephanie Carver, public relations manager, Orb Toys;
- Renee Lee, global marketing manager, Zuru;
- Kotomi Nanjo, director of U.S. marketing girls, Moose Toys;
- Tiffany Kayar, communications media manager, WowWee Group; and
- Noelle Dong, senior manager, marketing & influencer partnerships, Mattel
“The burgeoning online influencer industry is an important market for brands to consider as they look to connect with today’s fans,” Appell said. “The speakers on our panel were able to share their experiences with influencers and offer tips on how to ensure a successful partnership with brands.”
The Association will continue to work with influencers in many areas including toy trends and toy safety. Interested influencers can reach out to Akshata Hase for information.