The Toy Association Invites Nominations for its Board of Directors (2018-2020)
October 31, 2017 | The Toy Association invites all members to submit candidates for seats on the Association’s Board of Directors. Nominations are due no later than Friday, December 8, 2017.
The Toy Association’s Board is responsible for the management and control of the activities, property, and affairs of the Association, including its strategic direction, annual budget, and the scope of responsibilities of its committees.
The Toy Association strives to ensure balance and diversity in Board membership. In the nomination process, the following criteria will be considered by the Nominating Committee for each nominee:
- commitment to attend, in-person, three regularly scheduled Board meetings each year and, as appropriate, other relevant Association-sponsored trade shows, consumer shows, and events including but not limited to Toy Fair, DC Fly-In, and PlayCon;
- commitment to consistently act in a neutral manner and represent the best interests of the industry rather than carrying forward any individual or corporate agendas whatsoever;
- commitment to actively participate on at least one Association committee;
- consideration of participation in the Toy Industry Foundation and TOYPAC activities;
- significant professional skills and experience (e.g., finance, law, marketing, design, retailing, etc.) that may be of value to the Board;
- holds a senior position within his/her company (i.e., owner/CEO/president position or close thereto); and,
- established experience in the toy industry.
Nominations will be evaluated to ensure that The Toy Association Board represents diversity including diversity in company size and type.
“The Toy Association remains steadfast in its mission to represent the interests of the broader toy community,” says John Gessert, president of American Plastic Toys and chairman of the Board’s Nominating Committee. “Our members span from large and small toy companies to licensors, retailers, and sales representatives, among others, and so it is important to have those different interests also represented on our Board. It is truly an honor to serve on the Board of The Toy Association.”
Both Regular* and Associate Member categories may submit a nomination, but only representatives of Regular Member companies in good standing will be considered for seats on the Board.
>>>>> All nominations are due by 5:00 p.m. (Eastern) on Friday, December 8, 2017 <<<<<
Nominations received by the deadline will be referred to the Nominating Committee; recommendations from that Committee will be subsequently balloted for election by the full membership of The Toy Association at the 2018 Annual General Meeting held in conjunction with the 115th North American International Toy Fair in New York City on Monday, February 19, 2018.
Newly elected Board members will begin a two-year term of office beginning at The Toy Association’s Annual General Meeting. Board members may be re-elected for two additional consecutive two-year terms.
Nominations should be submitted to:
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
The Toy Association, Inc.
1375 Broadway, Suite 1001
New York, NY 10018
Tel: 646.520.4842| Fax: 212.807.1854
*As defined in Article IV of The Toy Association’s Bylaws, “Regular Members” include any corporation, partnership, or individual actively engaged in the manufacture, development, importation, sale, or general distribution of toys and consumer products intended for the youth market in North America provided that they derive a substantial portion of their revenue from such business.