REMINDER: Voting for the Toy Industry Hall of Fame Closes September 20
September 16, 2019 | Don’t forget to cast your vote for the 2020 inductees for the Toy Industry Hall of Fame, which honors those who have had an impact on the industry and how kids play. Responses are due Friday, September 20, 2019.
Toy Association Board members, member companies’ designated points of contact, and former Hall of Fame inductees are invited to rank their choices in the living and posthumous categories. Of the six candidates, a maximum of three will be chosen for induction. Ballots have been emailed to all eligible voters; to request a link to the ballot please email Akshata Hase.
Candidates for Living Induction:
- Thomas Chan, Founder/CEO, Playmates Toys Inc.
- William C. Killgallon, Chairman of the Board, The Ohio Art Company
- Thomas G. Murdough, Jr., Founder, Little Tikes/Step2/Simplay3
Candidates for Posthumous Induction:
- Harry Kislevitz, Founder, Colorforms Corporation
- Margarete Steiff, Founder and Creator, Steiff
- Sidney Tepper, Toy Inventor, Toy Design and Development
Bios for each candidate are provided to help guide your selections.
Inductees will be honored during the annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards gala on Friday, February 21, 2020 at the Ziegfeld Ballroom in New York City.
Questions about the Toy Industry Hall of Fame may be directed to Akshata Hase, marketing communications coordinator at The Toy Association.