Nominations Now Open for Toy Association Board of Directors (2022-2024)
November 16, 2021 | Toy Association members are invited to submit candidates for seats on the Association’s Board of Directors no later than Friday, January 7, 2022.
The Board is responsible for the management and control of the activities, property, and affairs of The Toy Association, including the strategic direction of the Association, the annual budget, and the scope of responsibilities of the Board and the Association’s many committees.
The Toy Association strives to ensure balance and diversity in Board membership. In the nomination process, the following criteria will be considered by the Nominating Committee for each nominee:
- established leadership experience in the toy & play industry;
- holds a senior executive position within their company;
- significant professional skills and experience (e.g., finance, law, marketing, inventor/designer, retailing, e-commerce, etc.) that may be of value to the Board and to Association members;
- commitment to consistently act in a neutral manner and represent the best interests of the broad industry rather than carrying forward any individual or corporate agendas whatsoever;
- individuals who represent and those who have advanced diversity, equity, inclusion and cultural competency within their companies;
- commitment to actively participate on at least one Association committee;
- commitment to attend, in-person, all regularly scheduled Board meetings each year and, as appropriate, other relevant Association-sponsored trade shows, consumer shows, and events including but not limited to Toy Fair New York, Toy Fair Dallas, DC Legislative Fly-Ins, and the Annual Business Conference; and,
- consideration of participation in The Toy Foundation and TOYPAC activities.
Nominations will be evaluated by the Nominating Committee to ensure that The Toy Association Board represents diversity and inclusion, including diversity in member company size and type.
Regular* and Associate Member categories may submit a nomination, but only representatives of Regular Member companies in good standing will be considered for seats on the Board of Directors.
>>>>All nominations are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, January 7, 2022.<<<<
All qualifying nominations received by the deadline will be referred to the Nominating Committee; recommendations of final candidates from that Committee will be communicated to all members and subsequently balloted for election by the full membership of The Toy Association at the 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM), to be held in conjunction with the 118th Toy Fair New York in New York City. The meeting is scheduled to take place at 4 p.m. (Eastern) on Saturday, February 19 in the “Theater on Three” (Level 3) of the Javits Center.
Newly elected Board members will begin a two-year term of office beginning at the AGM. Board members may be re-elected for up to two additional consecutive two-year terms before being required to step down.
Nominations should be submitted electronically to: email@example.com.
Due to restrictions and limitations related to COVID-19, nominations may not be submitted by regular mail or messenger, rather at the supplied email link only. Any questions may be directed to Angela Stanton-Weekes, executive assistant to the board chairman and staff president.
*As defined in Article IV of The Toy Association’s Bylaws, “Regular Members” include any corporation, partnership, or individual actively engaged in the manufacture, development, importation, sale or general distribution of toys and consumer products intended for the youth market in North America; provided that they derive a substantial portion of their revenue from such business.