CPSIA: 2010 Update and a Look Ahead to 2011
During this webinar – held December 8, 2010 as part of an ongoing series of Legislative and Safety updates – representatives of TIA’s safety and regulatory affairs team provide toy industry stakeholders with updates on the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), answer questions about recent actions, and offer a look ahead at approaching 2011 implementation deadlines. The full webinar was recorded and can be accessed online.
Safety professionals, compliance officers and government affairs representatives of toy, youth and entertainment companies
During this session, TIA member and industry stakeholders received updates on topics such as:
- Final Interpretive Rule Defining “Children's Product,”
- Draft Final Rule on the Publicly Available Consumer Product Safety Information Database,
- Proposed Rule on Component Part Testing,
- the reduction of lead limits on accessible toys and parts material to 100 parts per million (as of February 10th, 2011), and
- the proposed rule establishing requirements for reasonable testing programs.
Questions from members and industry stakeholders submitted in advance to TIA were folded into the presentation to the extent possible.
The full webinar can be accessed online via the following links:
NOTE: Mac users will need to download the VLC Media Player to view the recording.
Toy Industry Association staff:
- Ed Desmond, executive vice president of public affairs
- Joan Lawrence, vice president of standards and government affairs
- Peter Sandel, director of government affairs
- Frederick B. (Rick) Locker, general counsel