Nomination & Selection Process
2018 nominations are closed.
Candidates may be nominated by any stakeholder in the toy industry (membership in The Toy Association is not required). Voting to select the 2018 inductees is restricted to members only.
All stakeholders within the North American toy industry are eligible to submit candidates for consideration; membership in The Toy Association is not a prerequisite for submitting a nomination.
Consideration for the Toy Industry Hall of Fame shall be limited to individuals (living or deceased) who have made outstanding contributions and/or provided outstanding service to the toy industry and to the Toy Industry Association. The candidate(s) should have accomplishments such as:
- Long experience in the industry.
- Innovative product or marketing introductions.
- Manufacturing process changes, which significantly improved the process or product.
- Service on The Toy Association Board of Directors, or in other important capacities in or related to toys and youth entertainment.
- An unimpeachable record of integrity and respect in the industry.
- A prominent role in:
- Promoting the public’s awareness and appreciation of the importance of toys in the lives of children, or
- Promoting the public's awareness of the toy industry as a significant and responsible member of the business community.
- No current voting member of The Toy Association Board of Directors, including those in positions of Chairman and Chairman Elect, may be nominated for induction into the Hall of Fame during their board tenure.
Consideration will also be given to the number of nominations received from The Toy Association membership.
The Toy Industry Hall of Fame Committee will meet in July to review the nominations received and to propose a slate of candidates for consideration via a ballot of:
- current members of The Toy Association;
- current members of The Toy Association Board + Toy Association Board members who have served in the previous five (5) years; and
- former Hall of Fame inductees.
In this defined pool of respondents, no single organization shall have more than one vote.
The Toy Association staff will tally the voting results and provide a summary to members of the Hall of Fame Committee for verification.* Results of the letter ballot shall then be provided to the Toy Association Board of Directors for consideration at its fall meeting. The Board will confirm the number of individuals (two to six persons, living or deceased) that it would like to induct into the Hall of Fame the following February.
An announcement of the 2018 inductees will be made in the fall (October or November).
*NOTE: Candidates who receive some level of support during the review process, but who are not selected for induction that year, will be automatically carried forward for reconsideration for up to five years. Nominators will be invited to update the bios or other nomination materials each year.
The inductees will be honored at an induction ceremony held in conjunction with the 18th annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards ceremony that will be held on Friday, February 16, 2018, in New York City.