Members Only: Free
Date & Time:
Thursday, June 24, 2021
2 to 3:30 p.m. (Eastern)
In this 90 minute, members-only session, participants will learn how perceptions of culture and identity impact the opinions, behaviors, and values of kids and families today. A panel discussion will follow to inspire us all to be intentionally inclusive with our company culture, with our partners, in our products, and throughout the industry.
Who Should Attend:
All Toy Association members are invited and encouraged to participate.
What You Will Learn:
Today’s kids are growing up in an increasingly multicultural world characterized by cultural fusion and diversity – as well as racial stereotypes and discrimination. Nickelodeon’s Shades of Us study is a two-year exploration on how race and ethnicity are impacting today’s kids and answers important questions:
- How do race and ethnicity inform a child’s identity?
- When and how do parents address race with their children?
- What can we do to better reflect, respect, and protect the most diverse generation in U.S. history?
Following the research presentation, a panel discussion on diversity and inclusion will take place, highlighting D&I efforts at ViacomCBS Consumer Products that foster an ongoing dialogue within the toy community. The discussion will underscore how crucial it is for the toy industry to create content and products that reflect, celebrate, and elevate the diversity of all audiences.
Shades of Us Presenters:
- Marva Smalls, EVP Global Head of Inclusion, ViacomCBS
- Brian Robbins, President Kids & Family Entertainment, ViacomCBS
- Andrea Strauss, VP, Brand & Consumer Insights, Nickelodeon
- Daniel Ramos, Director, Digital & Consumer Insights, Nickelodeon
- Makeda Mays Green, VP, Digital & Consumer Insights, Nickelodeon
Panel Discussion Participants:
Ellen Lambert, executive director, The Toy Foundation
- Dion Vlachos, EVP Hardlines & Retail Sales & Marketing, ViacomCBS Consumer Products
- Ameeta Held, VP, Insights & Business Strategy, ViacomCBS Consumer Products
- Ross Archer-Haynes, Senior Director Retail Marketing, ViacomCBS Consumer Products
This session will not be recorded.