Nominations Now Open for Toy Association Board of Directors (2020-2022)
December 9, 2019 |Toy Association members are invited to submit candidates for seats on the Association’s Board of Directors no later than Friday, January 3, 2020.
The Board is responsible for the management and control of the activities, property, and affairs of The Toy Association, including the strategic direction of the Association, the annual budget, and the scope of responsibilities of the Board and the Association’s many committees.
The Toy Association strives to ensure balance and diversity in Board membership. In the nomination process, the following criteria will be considered by the Nominating Committee for each nominee:
- established leadership experience in the toy industry;
- holds a senior executive position within his/her company (i.e., owner/CEO/C-suite/president position or close thereto);
- significant professional skills and experience (e.g., finance, law, marketing, design, retailing etc.) that may be of value to the Board and Association members;
- commitment to consistently act in a neutral manner and represent the best interests of the industry rather than carrying forward any individual or corporate agendas whatsoever;
- commitment to actively participate on at least one Association committee;
- commitment to attend, in-person, three regularly scheduled Board meetings each year and, as appropriate, other relevant Association-sponsored trades shows, consumer shows, and events including but not limited to Toy Fair New York, Toy Fair Dallas, DC Legislative Fly-In, and the Annual Business Conference; and
- consideration of participation in The Toy Foundation and TOYPAC activities.
Nominations will be evaluated by the Nominating Committee to ensure that The Toy Association Board represents diversity, including diversity in company size and type.
Regular* and Associate Member categories may submit a nomination, but only representatives of Regular Member companies in good standing will be considered for seats on the Board.
>>>>> All nominations are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, January 3, 2020 <<<<<
All nominations received by the deadline will be referred to the Nominating Committee; recommendations from that Committee will be subsequently balloted for election by the full membership of The Toy Association at the 2020 Annual General Meeting, held in conjunction with the 117th Toy Fair New York in New York City on Saturday, February 22 at 4 p.m.
Newly elected Board members will begin a two-year term of office beginning at The Toy Association’s Annual General Meeting. Board members may be re-elected for two additional consecutive two-year terms.
Nominations should be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
Should a nomination instead need to be submitted by mail or messenger, please sent it to:
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
The Toy Association, Inc.
1375 Broadway, Suite 1001
New York, NY 10018
Tel: 646-520-4842 | Fax: 212-807-1854
*As defined in Article IV of The Toy Association’s Bylaws, “Regular Members” include any corporation, partnership, or individual actively engaged in the manufacture, development, importation, sale or general distribution of toys and consumer products intended for the youth market in North America; provided that they derive a substantial portion of their revenue from such business.