Free Webinar Offers Insights on Toy Manufacturing in Mexico
August 5, 2022 | The Toy Association is alerting members to a free ICTI Ethical Toy Program (IETP) webinar that will provide insights to businesses considering nearshoring or moving production to Mexico. The session will be held on August 11 at 2 p.m. (Eastern).
Presented in partnership with the Mexican Manufacturing Association, the Mexican Toy Industry Association, and Ernst & Young, registration is now open to all interested toy professionals.
The one-hour “Industry Insights: Toy Business in Mexico” webinar will feature a discussion with the U.S.-Mexico Chamber of Commerce on the business opportunities and challenges of manufacturing or reshoring production to Mexico for the toy industry.
The webinar will address:
- Strengths, certification requirements, and competitive advantages of manufacturing toys in Mexico;
- Supply chain integrations for the toy industry (plastics, textiles, and electronics);
- Tax and trade programs available in Mexico;
- Common operating models for export manufacturing and distribution; and
- Cross-border logistics and transportation; and other key considerations.
Toy professionals who cannot attend the live webinar may also register here to receive a recording.
The ICTI Ethical Toy Program (formerly ICTI CARE Process) is the ethical supply chain program for the global toy and entertainment industry. The Toy Association directly funded IETP at its founding and continues to support IETP’s work while offering its range of services to small- and mid-sized Toy Association member companies.