Act Now: Tickets to 2020 TOTY Awards Almost Sold Out
January 13, 2020 | Toy industry professionals are encouraged to act fast and purchase your tickets for the 20th annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards ceremony today as tickets are almost sold out. The "Oscars of the toy industry" will take place on Friday, February 21 at the Ziegfeld Ballroom in New York City. Below is everything you need to know about the upcoming event, including gala details, ticketing, and more:
What Happens at the TOTY Awards
- The awards program and event celebrates the industry’s top toys, games, and licenses in the marketplace, and serves as a critical fundraiser for The Toy Foundation.
- A cocktail networking reception will begin at 6:30 p.m. with hors d’oeuvres, followed by a plated dinner during the ceremony.
- During dinner, TOTY Awards will be presented in 16 categories. One product will also win the People’s Choice Award, based solely on consumer votes, and another will win the coveted overall Toy of the Year Award, selected by a panel of retailers, journalists, and industry analysts.
- During the ceremony, guests will enjoy live entertainment and a special tribute to the Foundation.
- The ceremony will also commemorate the 2020 inductees into the Toy Industry Hall of Fame.
- Following the awards presentation, guests are invited to attend a celebratory networking afterparty from 9:30 to 11 p.m.
- Tickets for the entire evening just $450 per person ($4,500 per 10-person table).
- Guests may also purchase tickets for the afterparty only for $95.
- To reserve tickets or tables, interested parties may register online. For parties of 20 or more, or for additional information, please contact the TOTY reservationist.
Honoring the Foundation
- The TOTY Awards program is a critical fundraiser for The Toy Foundation. Since 2003, the Foundation has provided more than $200 million in brand-new toys to over 26 million deserving children through its signature program, The Toy Bank.
- Companies looking for a valuable way to promote their brands – and contribute to a good cause – have until January 29 to reserve ad space in the Foundation’s 2020 Tribute Book, the official event program for the TOTY Awards ceremony. Contact Elizabeth Max, senior foundation manager, for more information.
More information about the TOTY Awards is available at TOTYAwards.org. The event kicks off the 117th Toy Fair New York taking place February 22 to 25 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.