Preview & Holiday Market: What You Need to Know
August 15, 2022 | With just over a month left until the toy industry descends on the Dallas Market Center for the 2023 Preview & 2022 Holiday Market (September 20 to 22), The Toy Association is sharing key details attendees need to know.
- Business Opportunities Abound — Exhibitors will do business with hundreds of global buyers from mass and specialty retailers including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, CAMP Stores, Hobby Lobby, IT’SUGAR, Learning Express, Michaels, QVC, Target, Walmart, and more. Buyers will have the opportunity to preview thousands of innovative new 2023 playthings as well as to fill last-minute holiday ’22 orders from hundreds of exhibitors, including Basic Fun!, Jazwares, Melissa & Doug, PlayMonster, PinkFong, WOW! Stuff, among many others.
- A Night of Celebration & Charity — All show guests are invited to attend The Toy Foundation’s (TTF) Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards & Opening Night Party, taking place on night one in the Grand Pavilion of the Dallas Market Center. Exhibiting companies will receive two complimentary tickets. Details about the event, including additional ticket sales, can be found at TOTYAwards.org. Guests can mingle with industry friends, celebrate the top toys and games, and support the philanthropic work of The Toy Foundation benefiting children in need.
- DEI in Dallas — The Preview & Holiday Market will host TTF’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) program sponsored by Jazwares on Wednesday, September 21. Open to all registered show attendees, young professionals, and students, the full day of programming will feature educational sessions hosted by Target, Paramount, and Jazwares. Hasbro will also host exclusive career development sessions for University of North Texas students.
- Maximizing Media Exposure – With the TOTY Awards now aligned with the Q4 selling season, this marks the first time that press and influencers are invited to attend the toy show in Dallas, with some exhibitors offering both a sneak peek at toys in the works for 2023 and highlighting hot toys that will be on shelf for Q4 of this year. Toy companies are encouraged to reach out to The Toy Association's communications team if they have product to show to media while in Dallas; please send your company's press contact, booth number, and any pertinent details regarding products that can be forwarded to interested press.
- Portable Prep — To help companies plan ahead and stay organized throughout the three-day event, The Toy Association invites attendees to download in advance the free Preview & Holiday Market mobile app powered by PlayMonster. Show-goers can use the app to book appointments; navigate the show floor; and access information on show happenings, hotel shuttle schedules, dining options, and Toy Bank donations.
“With top-of-the-line toymakers and buyers registered to attend and insightful programming scheduled throughout the show, you won’t want to miss all the excitement happening at the industry’s come one, come all event this fall in Dallas!” said Kimberly Carcone, executive vice president of global market events at The Toy Association.
There’s still time to register as an exhibitor at the Preview & Holiday Market; contact your account executive to learn more. Exhibitors are also encouraged to book appointments with The Toy Association’s trends team, who will be on site previewing products to scout trends for 2023.