Nomination & Selection Process
Nominations for 2021 Hall of Fame closed on Friday, June 12, 2020.
All stakeholders within the North American toy industry are eligible to submit candidates for consideration; membership in The Toy Association is not required for submitting a nomination.
Consideration for the Toy Industry Hall of Fame shall be limited to individuals (living or deceased) who have made outstanding contributions and/or provided outstanding service to the toy industry and to The Toy Association. The candidate(s) should have accomplishments such as:
- Long experience and record of accomplishment in the industry.
- Innovative product or marketing introductions.
- Manufacturing process changes, which significantly improved the process or product.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical manufacturing practices
- Active involvement in the Committees or work of The Toy Association.
- Charitable efforts benefiting children and/or children’s causes.
- An unimpeachable record of integrity and respect in the industry. A prominent role in:
- Promoting the public’s awareness and appreciation of the importance of toys in the lives of children, or
- Promoting the public's awareness of the toy industry as a significant and responsible member of the business community.
- No current voting member of The Toy Association Board of Directors, including those in positions of Chairman and Chairman Elect, may be nominated for induction into the Hall of Fame during their board tenure.
The Toy Industry Hall of Fame Committee will meet in July to review the nominations received and may propose a slate of candidates for consideration via a ballot of:
- designated points of contact for current members of The Toy Association;
- current members of The Toy Association Board + Toy Association Board members who have served in the previous five (5) years; and
- former Hall of Fame inductees.
In this defined pool of respondents, no single organization shall have more than one vote. A maximum of three nominees will be selected out of the voting for induction.
The Toy Association staff will tally the voting results and provide a summary to members of the Hall of Fame Committee for verification.* Results of the ballot shall then be provided to the Toy Association Board of Directors. The Board will confirm the number of individuals (two to six persons, living or deceased) that it would like to induct into the Hall of Fame the following February.
The Hall of Fame Committee may also carry forward leading vote-recipients from the prior year’s ballot to be inducted in the following year by providing prior notice to the Board of Directors. In this case, a new ballot will not be distributed.
An announcement of the 2021 inductees will be made later this year.
*NOTE: IF a candidate was nominated for induction for the 2020 ceremony BUT was not selected – the nomination will carry forward for one additional year for 2021*.
*Carried over candidates do not require re-nomination.
The 2021 inductee(s) will be honored at an induction ceremony held in conjunction with the 21st annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards ceremony that will be held on Friday, February 12, 2021, in New York City.