The Toy Association provides manufacturing members with a variety of resources to monitor the status of toy retailers. As part of those resources, The Toy Association has created this section to provide a place for members of the toy community to monitor the status of the Toys“R”Us bankruptcy and liquidation process. The Toy Association intends to act as a clearinghouse for information from TRU on the bankruptcy case and to get similar creditor questions answered and shared with the broader membership.
The Toy Association is committed to securing resources needed to support members, including a Bankruptcy Counsel and financial advisors. In the meantime, Paul Vitale, executive vice president of finance & operations, and Rick Locker, counsel to the Association, remain the important primary contacts for members in the weeks ahead.
This section will continue to be updated as new information becomes available. Members are also encouraged to watch for important Member Alerts via email and announcements in Toy News Tuesday.
Chronology of Events
- July 16, 2018: Deadline for filing post-petition claims arising before June 30, 2018. [Docket No. 3260]
- April 30, 2018: Toys“R”Us Bankruptcy Update: Members Encouraged to View Unsecured Creditors’ Committee Website
- April 26, 2018: Toys"R"Us Bankruptcy Proceedings Update
- April 23, 2018: Member Alert: Toys"R"Us Bankruptcy Updates
- April 11, 2018: Summary of recent court filing by the official Unsecured Creditors Committee
- April 6, 2018: Deadline for Receipt of Claims [Docket Nos. 1300, 1332 and 1635]
- March 15, 2018: Toys“R”Us files new motions under Chapter 11 proceedings
- March 9, 2018: Toys“R”Us Bankruptcy Update
- February 9, 2018: Toys“R”Us Canada Bankruptcy Proceedings Updates | Deadline for Claims is April 6
- January 10, 2018: Toys“R”Us Bankruptcy Updates | Deadline for Claims Established
- December 12, 2017:Latest Updates on Toys“R”Us
- December 6, 2017: Creditors Meeting in Richmond VA (rescheduled from November 16; call-in number requested)
- November 15, 2017: Updates on Toys"R"Us Bankruptcy Proceedings
- October 24, 2017: Creditors Meeting in Richmond VA
- September 26, 2017: Appointment of Unsecured Creditor Committee
- September 25, 2017: TRU Announces Closing on $3.1B Debtor-in-Possession Financing
- September 20, 2017: TRU filed for bankruptcy in Canada.
- September 18, 2017: TRU filed for voluntary protection under United States bankruptcy codes. TRU’s press release
- September 9, 2017: News is released that Toys“R”Us (TRU) hired a top restructuring law firm (Kirkland & Ellis) to assist in its evaluation of options to refinance its debt.